Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup.

Props to anyone who gets the Elf reference in the title!
Okay, if I had to pick one adjective to describe my grandma, it would have to be sweet. Don't get me wrong, I credit her for the salty sense of humor I inherited, so though she is dear and loving, it has more to do with the fact that one can not turn around in her house without bumping into something that would make a diabetic break out in hives.
I have eaten more slices of pie this week than the rest of the year combined. Even her dogs are called Candy and Sugar. They're always running in circles thinking someone is calling their name when really we're just talking about what to eat next.
She is a grand woman and we have a lot of fun watching movies, laughing over coffee in the morning and telling stories.
Every time our family gathers at her house I leave a little...um...jollier. Which is why I am glad that a pie has a finite number of pieces.
My goal for the next few days is to savor only the sweetness of my grandma herself and restrain myself from the goodies she provides.
Starting tomorrow.
Or the next day, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment