Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dragon

I woke up feeling rather beige. Even the backs of my eyelids looked beige instead of pink as I smacked blindly for the snooze button. It is a mournful thing for so young a day to have lost its luster. And, I wasn't content to write it off just yet.

The question then becomes, how do you remedy this?

Two words.

Red lipstick.

This probably doesn't work as well for guys, but y'all ladies know what I'm talking about. I couldn't bring myself to don festive sweater (so I'm head to ankle black...I told you it was one of those days) but I did bust out the Dragon red. Just the feel of it on my lips makes me want to grin, nay, smile at the world. It is innately sexy and cool, so putting it on lets me be sexy/cool by association.

Plus, when you look in a mirror, there's a bright focal point.

So, thank you, Jesus, for red lipstick. I'm not sure you take direct responsibility for it, but I'm sure you played your part, if only coming up with the idea of red as a color and then making lips a different skin type so its easy to know where to stop applying lipstick. I love you dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment