Thursday, July 14, 2011

Call From...

I skyped tonight with two friends, one on each coast, to brainstorm a plot line.
We started with a notion, and as we talked it grew into a tendril, then branched into a dozen directions. Some of them blossomed, some shriveled, but they were each unique and fresh and the farther we went, the more brightly the colorful story shone.
I can't wait to read the story when it's written!
It reminded me of that verse in Proverbs...just a sec while I Biblegateway it... ah, yes. Proverbs 27:17 says, "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." The root idea was a good one on its own, but as we explored it from three angles, we honed it.
I can't wait 'til we brainstorm my next plot. I have an idea, but right now it's kind of a blob. I can work on it, manipulate it, and probably come up with something good. But when my girls get a hold of it, hooey, look out. There's going to be a razor sharp edge!
Thank you, God, for the creative process, and how you've made art something best when shared. Thank you for my homegirls, and their brilliance and that even writing, which is a mostly solitary activity, you've built an avenue for community. Thank you for skype, too. All my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment