Friday, October 12, 2012

When God closes a window...

Things that are good to recycle:

  • glass
  • plastics
  • clothes


Things that are not good to recycle:

  • food
  • hairstyles
  • air


I admit I'm not as diligent as I should be about the first three, but I'm pretty solid on the others. I only ever eat my food once. I have just said no to big eighties hair, and I open the windows whenever the weather is nice enough. It's a good practice to breathe new air every now and then.

Yesterday was an open-window day, but alas, the screen on one of my windows is partially off. There's a goodly sized gap that I'm sure a number of insects would locate and utilize.  I tugged on it for a few minutes and nothing happened, so I called the apartment office to ask for a repair guy to fix it.

Today when I got home there was a work order, but woe-among-woes, the gap was still there. I deflated, contemplated whether or not I was going to be grown up about it, then went back to check the work order. They did something, I just didn't know what.

Well, something must have gotten lost in translation when I called the office, because the work order didn't say window screen. Nay, it said screen door.

I didn't even know you could order one of those.  But, I went to the patio and, joy-among-joys, I now can slide open the door and not be massacred by a million greedy moths.  People say that when God closes a door, he opens a window. Well in my case it was the opposite.

Thanks, Lord, for apartment people who install things, for screens, a simple but indispensable invention, for fresh air, and for a misunderstanding that gave me a door.  All my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment