Monday, August 26, 2013

Big floppy awesomeness

So, it's been a long summer full of lots of driving and work that leach the time and creativity out of life. It has been all I can do to keep up with my novel writing, thus this poor little blog had to wait for life to slow just a smidge before it got any more attention.

That day has come!

I was trying to think of something profound to write about, but really, I'm not particularly grateful about profundity at present. No, as usual, its a simple thing that I appreciate.

This weekend three girlfriends who live in two other states and I will meet in Destin, Florida. We've got four days in a beach house with nothing to do but sunbathe, read, sleep, eat, sip wine, watch movies.   For me, mostly it'll be laying on the beach with my kindle, and flipping over every 30 minutes. And yeah, okay, some wine.

Beach reading is one of my favorite pastimes, which used to involve a lot of squinting. But then, last year, I bought a big floppy sun hat.

No only does it mean I don't have to squint or worry about burning my nose, it also makes me feel like one of those girls in a perfume ad. All glamorous and pristine.

So, today I'm thankful for floppy hats. And beaches. And long weekends, and a kindle, and vino. But mostly floppy hats.

2 comments:

  1. You've always had the glamor, and enough self abandon to be one of those many faceted persons others like to be around.

    ReplyDelete