Wednesday, February 9, 2011

There's a plot afoot

Today we got seven inches of snow. (That is a rough guess. I haven't actually gone outside to check the actual depth.) Here in Little Rock we're calling it The Big Snow.
Due to this weather event, I had a day off of work. Maybe two.
And that meant I spent today with a good book, a few DVDs, facebook, and...drumroll....
a new plot!
That's right. My next novel is still in it's infancy but it is finally more than a twinkle in my eye.
And that to me is a great thrill. I love how when you tug on a ribbon of thought, sometimes the whole spool uncoils and you find your mind's eye witnessing your characters taking leaps and risks and facing challenges you didn't even know were in their path.
It's a beautiful thing. Makes me just stop and shake my head at how crazy creative God is. He is managing billions of intertwined plots at the same time and never drops one or forgets the theme: His glory.
Lovely! I can't wait to get to the other side and see it with eternal eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment