Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Buckley and Jellybean

Meet Buckley (left) and Jellybean (right). These are my two new kitties.  I meant to get one (Jellybean, but I'll deny it if Buckley ever asks), but they'd been attacked by dogs and Buckley lost three toes. How do you say no to a kitten who lost three toes in a dog attack?
Plus, I don't travel a ton, but when I do it will be nice for the brothers to be together so they don't get lonely.
How I happened to come into ownership of two cats is a twisty tale but it includes a thought of "someday..." on my part, a story of evil dogs and defenseless kittens on the part of my friend, and the sheer adorableness of Buckley and Jellybean themselves.
All things considered, I'm thrilled to bits.  And thankful. For a God who made domesticatable animals, for the fact that animals start out small and thus infinitely cute no matter how many toes, and for friends who will be loving to them when I'm out of town so I don't have to feel like a bad pet owner.

2 comments: