Monday, March 5, 2012

Drama!

You know how you think you're out of cereal, then you find just enough for breakfast one last morning? Or when you find a wadded up five dollar bill in a jacket pocket from last season? Or there is card in your wallet that you forgot about, and it still has some money on it?
Well, I have that feeling.
I recently was visiting some girlfriends, and over brunch we started talking about how much we all love Downton Abbey. (Shout out to PBS!)
I was mourning the brevity of the seasons, particularly season one, which was only FOUR episodes. Even at an hour a piece, that is sadly brief. Like a petit four. I don't get those things. I need at least a petit twelve to be satisfied.
At any rate, I found out during the conversation that there were two versions of season one. Gasp. While there are only four episodes in the American version, there are seven--count them, SEVEN--in the British version!
Sigh.
So, tonight, I'm grateful for an unexpected THREE additional episodes of the best British drama since Shakespeare.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh you poor things only got four episodes of S1? That's awful - I was so grumpy when we only got seven! Do you get all of S2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do, Kara, we do! But I hear I need to watch the Brittish story for the real experience...me and my budget are in discussion right now about how to make that happen :-)

    ReplyDelete