Thursday, August 26, 2010

See through.

I drove through farmland today. The crops were short green things with reddish yellow tips, which I later found out is soy. Huh. Who knew.

Overhead a crop duster twirled like an old-time air show. It was quite pretty. Romantic even.

Or at least the dragonflies thought so. I lost count of the number of amorous bugs that were, ahem....distracted, and didn't see me and Dirk come cruising up. And every time a pair of insects became a stain, I was thankful for my windshield. You know, I look through it but never really at it. However, if it weren't there I'd sure as heck notice.

I think there are probably a lot of "windshields" in life. Maybe even some people who rarely get seen but would be sorely missed.

God, please help me see today. To look at blessings, not through them, and to show appreciation for the lives that touch mine in small and large ways. All my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment