Thursday, March 24, 2011

Early Morning Wake Up Call

It's spring! The trees are woolly with pale pink blossoms and the sun warmed breeze sweeps the hills.
And, the birds sing in the morning. Well, it's actually more of a chirping. Cawing? Cooing?
Whatever it is, it's sweet enough when you're awake. Not so much when it starts before the alarm goes off. If you don't plan on rising before the sun, you're out of luck.
Which is why I'm grateful for Daylight Savings.
I'll admit, I didn't pop out of bed after one hour less sleep with laughter and dancing. But, over the past few weeks I've adjusted. And now that the birds are back from the South all twitterpated at daybreak, I'm really glad daybreak comes an hour later.
So, cheers to daylight savings and spring, and yes, even the birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment