Monday, March 21, 2011

Pumped

What's the best thing to do between 11 pm and 6 am?
Not that, gutterheads.
I meant sleep.
Which I'm painfully aware of since, due to a periodic lapse in common sense, I drank coffee way too late and lay in bed pretending to sleep for most of the night. I probably racked up a grand total of three hours, if I round up. When the alarm went off at 6:00, and 6:10, and 6:30, I berated my own lack of judgment.
I think we all do this sometimes. I'd like to think I'm not the only sleepy dolt.
So, as it's Monday, AND I was tired, AND I had a ton of paperwork to do, it should have been a rough day. I wouldn't have been surprised to wake up midafternoon with my chin drool-glued to the N key.
So I prayed.
After all, God is our strength, right? I mean, he says he is, but in my rather comfortable life, I don't often face anything beyond my own marginal abilities. But today just was.
And what did God do? He totally came through! The workday passed with nary a drop of drool, the reports (okay, half the reports) got written, the gym kicked my butt and still I ran, and now I've gotten a number of thing clicked off my checklist.
On a day that I was inclined to write off, by God's grace and strength, I've achieved more than I would on a normal, well-rested Monday.
So, God, I know this is a very puny example when it comes to the scope of your Might, but thanks just the same. It sure made a difference. And I love that you care about little things like my workday.
And also, thanks for melatonin, which I now have stocked in my cupboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment