Monday, May 2, 2011

Polished.

So, a little over a week ago, in an effort to shut a door quietly, I put my fingertips against the corner of a closing door.
The door made virtually no sound. I, however, did make some noise as the door was heavier than I realized and didn't stop closing until it compressed my fingertip against the doorframe. I now have an ugly bruisey thing under my fingernail.
Someone told me it was a blood blister and could be pierced. I tried for about two seconds and ended up face down on the carpet doing deep breaths and moaning. It's not a pain thing, it's a potential for pain thing. I just can't seem to get comfortable with the idea of shedding blood. Especially my own.
Which makes me grateful for nail polish. My ugly finger can be disguised as a pretty finger! And I don't have to stab any body parts. In a matter of months, I'll be back to normal.
So, thank you, Jesus for nail polish and the way our bodies heal themselves over time. That is seriously cool. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment