Monday, June 18, 2012

Guatemala ROCKS

Two weeks from today I will board a plane and head for Guatemala with 16 others. We will be leading a VBS, doing a painting project, conducting nightly worship sessions, and speaking at a discipleship training conference for church leaders.
Yes. All of the above.
My part is to teach a group of women in discipleship.  I am so excited. I love seeing God work in the lives of His daughters, to see women doing great and wonderful things only possible by the power of the Most High God.  So, I've been listening to, taking notes on, and editing the material to prepare. I've been preparing to teach ten to twelve women about how to effectively disciple others.
Then last Saturday our leader (shout out to Trey Gardner!) got a call from Guatemala.  Eight women hadn't signed up. Twelve women hadn't signed up.
Eighty women have signed up to learn how to lead and disciple others!
PRAISE JESUS!
I am so pumped about this. I am under no illusions that I am going to change lives, much less a nation.
But God is.
He is moving sure and strong in the hearts of His daughters and Guatemala will never be the same.
PRAISE JESUS!!!
So that is what I've been grateful for all weekend and am still grateful for today.
I would love it if you would join in praying for Guatemala and our trip there. God is already moving, so look out world!

No comments:

Post a Comment