Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pandora gets Hijacked

There's a children's book called, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

Replace Alexander with Kimberly, and you have my Tuesday. I won't go into why, but by 5 pm, when I could set Business Kimberly aside, I was a wreck. And there was nothing I could do about it.

So, I called my Mom and we prayed.

Not five minutes later, Pandora selected In Christ Alone. I can't hear that song without my eyes being drawn to the grandeur of the Master plan.  I sighed, sniffed, dabbed my eyes and was lifted. The song faded.

And then Pandora picked... In Christ Alone.
Again.
Hmmm. Methinks there was more than an algorithm going on there. Step aside, digital song-picker. There's a Bigger Dude making the choices right about now.
I finally stopped writing and just let it wash over me. Let the Comforter comfort. Leaned fully and bonelessly on the Almighty, whose heart breaks for injustice and cruelty and all pain, and who will one day fix all the things I can't. Who knows, more than I ever will, what ugly looks like. And who won.

I'm not going to say the snot-faucet shut off right away, but the agony was on Someone else's shoulders and my tears faded.  It is impossible to feel hopeless in the presence of God. In Christ Alone my hope is found. He is my light, my strength, my song.

Thank you, Lord on High, that you see the tiny things in this world, that you are pure love and that all the ugly that mars this planet cannot ever hold up against your goodness. You win.
You win.
Please, oh Comforter, lift up those hurting. Wrap your holy, mighty, comforting self around them. Insulate those who need it.  Bring your joy, your freedom, your victory to this place. All my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment