Monday, March 29, 2010

Peeps, flowers, and oh so much more

Easter is my favorite holiday, and not just because of marshmallow peeps. Whoever saw a marshmallow, and thought, "I bet that would taste even better if it was rolled in sugar," I salute you.
But no, even peeps are bland in comparison to the wonder of Jesus' victory over death. Jesus, the Christ, redeemed us! He conquered death on behalf of me, who on my own was toast.
Spring snuck in this weekend. Almost overnight, pearl-sized buds erupted into a mass of flowers all over town. The trees are frosted in pink and white and green, and just in time for Easter!
I love this, when the world dresses up in honor of life. It's as if nature itself cannot contain its joy on Holy Week.
My Dearest Jesus, human words are inadequate to express the wonder, awe, and joy of knowing You, being redeemed by You. Thank you for facing death and winning. Thank you for bringing hope to a fallen planet. Thank you for flowers and that, to your glory, they bloom this week.

1 comment:

  1. I love you! Peeps and Jesus. You are amazing, and I totally love your faith and the way your mind works.

    ReplyDelete