Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Six degrees to...

So, I was thinking today about some girlfriends I have from a coffee church that I haven't seen in a while. And then I was getting encouraging emails from my writer gals following a minor meltdown...yay for patient people! A college roommate sent a note to recall a Savannah trip that involved 100 mph on I-16 and several pounds of shrimp. Tonight I have small group with girls I met in September but feel like I've known all my life to talk about prayer and, of course, The Bachelor. Sunday I met with my Cambodia missions team and spilled my story, which left me feeling a little naked until they cloaked me with their acceptance and friendship.
I didn't intend to take inventory of my web of connections. But, I suppose, God did. He reminded me today that I am not alone. First off, I always have Him, and being a Trinity and all, that makes four of us at a minimum. But beyond that, He has graced me with people to touch the pieces of my life. I don't know that I saw any of them coming, but in retrospect I can't imagine weaving this life without them. Thank you, God, for the lives you've let me join with and the variety of ways you've shown yourself through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment