Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Girl's best friend

I. Love. Sparkles. This is one of those areas where I fall neatly within the brackets of a stereotype. Accessories, I think, are the frosting on top of an outfit and in my opinion, the more sparkly, the better. It is amazing to me that something as simple as a rock, when cut and polished, becomes a ruby, a diamond, an emerald. And since I'm poor, a cubic zirconia (or glass for that matter.) Wearing something pretty makes me feel pretty, and for that I am grateful. I have some really pretty green glass earrings that look like emeralds and they catch the light and shimmer.
I am tired and its getting late so I won't go into the symbolism of finding beauty in the hard places and the need to be cut and polished to shine.
Today, I'm just grateful for sparkles that require no effort on my part to add shine and interest, for sparks of color that ignite faithfully every time the light hits them and make me lovelier.

No comments:

Post a Comment