Monday, February 8, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like....Spring!

Today I am grateful for shadows! Or at least I think so, I can never remember if it's shadows mean Spring or no shadows mean Spring....I'm grateful for groundhogs at any rate because although I don't have much confidence in General Beauregard Lee's ability to predict the arrival of spring (he's the Punxatawny Phil of the South for those who live above the Mason-Dixon), he did say that Spring is on its way. Hurray!
And if today is any indication, whichever weatherman is responsible for Groundhog Lee's opinion is right. The sun is out, and I have shed my coat for at least the next few hours. It is a day custom-made for ukuleles and ice cream sandwiches and maybe even an open-toed shoe.
Sigh. I suppose on some level I'm grateful for the winter days, short enough to be called stubby and cold enough to be labeled harsh, because without them, this day may not stand out as lovely. However, that level is very deep and rarely accessed, and I'm happy to leave it un-plumbed at this time. No, instead I'll revel in this Psalm 23 kind of day. The Lord is my shepherd; I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment