Monday, April 12, 2010

Mirrors never lie...right?

I am in Dallas for a training class for work this week. So, aside from vast quantities of invaluable knowledge regarding safe operations for construction workers, I am also receiving large--one might rightly say Texan-- meal portions.
As much as I would like to say I am one of those birdlike eaters who nibbles no matter what is placed before her, I am not.
So, I am grateful, so very grateful, for skinny mirrors. You know, the ones with that fun house-esque quality where all your parts look narrower than they are? Well, the ladies room in the fire house where our training is conducted has one such mirror. After a lunch salad that could have easily fed the Dugger family, I went to wash up and was pleasantly surprised by the image smiling back at me. It was as if five pounds washed down the drain with the soap suds.
The darned logical side of my brain doesn't fully buy it, and I know that when I land in Atlanta on Wednesday, the treadmill will be my best frenemy. But for now, its nice to just enjoy the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment